Duck Natural Rubber Pacifier
This pure natural rubber pacifier by Hevea is perfect for new mamas seeking a healthy, plastic free alternative for their baby.
The duck pacifier is a symmetrical shape teat made from 100% pure natural rubber, Hevea pacifiers are non-toxic and plastic free!
What Makes It Better:
- 100% pure natural rubber
- Card box is fully recyclable
- Clear window is biodegradable film
- BPA, Phthalates and PVC free, no artificial colours
- Healthier, non-leaching alternative to plastic
- Includes ventilation holes
- Prevents vacuum around the mouth
100% pure natural rubber is used to make the pacifier. It is soft but very durable, with a symmetrical teat and is extremely hygienic. Natural rubber is sustainable, eco-friendly and much healthier being BPA, Phthalates and PVC free, a perfect material to use for babies!
The card box is fully recyclable and the clear window on the box is biodegradable and compostable made from PP film, produced by Sidaplax. The film bag is also compostable. All Hevea packaging is FSC certified, guaranteeing the paper or timber used comes from responsibly managed forests, which helps to prevent deforestation and degradation.
|Dimensions||130 × 80 × 45 mm|
100% Pure Natural Rubber
Safety & Care
WARNING! For your child’s safety.
- Inspect carefully before each use.
- Pull the soother in all directions.
- Throw away at the first signs of damage or weakness.
- Only use dedicated soother holders tested to EN 12586.
- Never attach other ribbons or cords to a soother, your child may be strangled by them.
- Do not leave a soother in direct sunlight or near a source of heat, or leave in disinfectant (“”sterilising solution””) for longer than recommended, as this may weaken the teat.
- In the event that the soother becomes lodged in the mouth, DO NOT PANIC; it cannot be swallowed and is designed to cope with such an event. Remove from the mouth with care, as gently as possible. Do not attach to any part of the pacifier/soother (i.e around the ring, plug or through the ventilation holes) pins, ribbons or string as these can be dangerous.
- Do not pull pacifier/soother apart
- Do not tie the pacifier/soother tightly to strings, straps, tapes or similar things in the child’s clothing, as this could risk choking the child
- The pacifier/soother is constructed, so that it cannot be swallowed by the child
- Check daily that the pacifier/soother is in good condition. This is done by pulling on the various parts of the soother and checking that it is still in good condition. If there are splits or changes in the soother, it should be discarded.
BEFORE USE, thoroughly clean then sterilize the pacifier/soother by either:
- Immersing the pacifier/soother in a baby-bottle sterilizing solution in accordance with the instructions for use of the sterilizing solution; or
- Boiling the pacifier/soother in water for 5 min. before it is used for the first time. Then let it cool down and empty out any water inside the nipple.
The construction of Hevea allows liquid to flow into the nipple when cleaning. Please press/turn upside down the pacifier /soother to empty any water from the nipple before using it.
Always clean the pacifier before use and check that the mouthpiece (nipple) is undamaged.
Do not dip the nipple into sweet products and/or those containing sugar or into medicine, as this can contribute to the development of tooth decay and thus presents a risk of cavities in the teeth.
For both safety and hygiene reasons, the soother should be discarded after a maximum of two months use.
- The pacifier/soother should be cleaned by hand or in a machine especially suitable for this, and must not be cleaned in a microwave or dishwasher.
- When the pacifier/soother is not in use, it should be kept in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight or contact with a source of direct heat.
- It should be stored in a closed, clean and dry container.
- Very few children are allergic to natural rubber; however, watch out for any allergic reactions, and stop any use if an allergic reaction should occur because of using the pacifier.
The name Hevea comes from the Latin name for the rubber tree, Hevea Brasiliensis. The natural rubber it produces is the foundation of their entire product range. Using natural rubber, rather than synthetic rubber made from oil, acts against climate change by increasing the number of trees and cutting back on the use of fossil fuels.
Hevea continue to become more and more sustainable and strive to be a responsible company, throughout all of their business practices. There are many challenges, some very difficult, but they continue to look for innovative ways to overcome any challenges to reduce, re-use, re-cycle and up-cycle where possible.
At Hevea, all their packaging is now FSC certified. The FSC trademark on paper is a guarantee that the paper (or timber) comes from a responsibly managed forest, which helps prevent deforestation and degradation. This is extremely important for millions of people who depend on forests for their livelihoods, but of course also for the overall environment.
By being exposed to sunlight, moist and fresh air, natural rubber has the ability to be broken down physically and chemically by microorganisms. Rubber tapping is the process by which the latex is collected from a rubber tree. An incision is made in the tree’s bark, from which the sap then flows. Rubber tapping is an environmentally attractive land use. The trees can be sustainably harvested for approximately 35 years.
Hevea products are made from the natural rubber sap and the wood, which is biodegradable. Using natural rubber and rubber wood, rather than synthetic rubber which is made from oil and petroleum, acts against climate change by increasing the number of trees and cutting back on the use of fossil fuels.
Rubber trees have a straight trunk and grow an impressive 23 meters/75 feet or more over their lifetime, with mature trees having a diameter of around 90 cm/3 feet. The trees can be sustainably harvested for approximately 35 years.
Hevea love to reuse things, as this is both beneficial to environment but often also cost efficient. They reuse all the packaging which they receive. Hevea always save and reuse leftovers from our packaging for business cards, post cards, memory games and in-store material.
At Hevea, like us they too hate waste but love upcycling, so they have now learned how to upcycle used natural rubber pacifiers.
All Hevea packaging is FSC certified and the film they use on their packaging as “windows” is sourced from the only global supplier of 100% biodegradable film – so it is eco-friendly and sustainable too!
Recycling is essential for Hevea, as it is a core component when reducing their fingerprints. They start at home, recycling their office and storage waste. They also encourage and support their manufactures in recycling their production lines, by asking for ISO certification to ensure their approach to sustainable production is in line with Hevea, and of the high standard that they expect.
Hevea strive towards operating a carbon neutral business. As part of their commitment to reduce their carbon footprint, they neutralise their transport by buying European CO2 allowances.
Hevea test all their products with well-known international companies such as SGS, Intertek and Bureau Veritas, to meet standards in Europe, US, Canada, and Australia. They “pull”-test every single pacifier to ensure that it can withstand the stress of long-term usage.
Hevea is driven by the love for natural rubber, and the challenge of doing everything in a safe, eco-friendly and toxic-free way.
With their Danish design heritage; simplicity and functionality define solutions. Everything is made for a reason, and each item has its own story and unique design.
Natural rubber is biodegradable by being exposed to sunlight, humidity and fresh air. Using Natural rubber rather than synthetic rubber is an eco-friendly and healthier alternative to other materials such as plastic.
Our planet is affected by everything we do. We all leave our fingerprints on the planet. And, luckily, we all get to decide what kind of fingerprints we leave. At Hevea they hope that their work, their products, will help you leave a fingerprint to be proud of.
We are so excited to be stocking Hevea, they are a brand well worth supporting, their ethics are just what we are looking for when it comes to products perfect for young families.