Bottled in Ireland
Clove has a very characteristic spicy, fruity aromatic smell. One of the most potent essential oils, it has been used as an antioxidant and antibacterial ingredient in oral hygiene for a long time. Sometimes used to fight acne and oily skin, clove oil is however dermocaustic*, meaning it can cause irritation and rashes on the skin if not properly diluted (1% or less in a vegetable oil).
Essential oils are part of the 'sustainable toolkit': they are natural and biodegradable, come in a highly concentrated form so a small bottle goes a long way, this allow us to create lots of products at home.
Their uses include:
- as a room scent (to replace synthetic commercial products) using a diffuser or burner or by creating a simple spray from a few drops of essential oils in a spray bottle filled with water and alcohol.
- as a surface cleaner due to their strong antibacterial properties (lemon, tea tree, lavender etc) typically using a mixture of white wine vinegar, water and essential oils (or with baking soda).
- in natural cleaning/detergent products to add a fresh natural scent ('eco eggs' in the washing machine, dryer balls , directly in the water for ironing, etc)
- as body and bath products or perfumes
- as natural repellent for mites, mosquitos, etc.
- as small remedies (lavender for burns, eucalyptus for cold, etc)
- for wellbeing in general, leveraging the benefits of the oils on our emotions which is an area of growing research.
All of the oils are imported from different parts of the world, directly from producers, and are bottled in The Nature of Things workshop in Ireland. You can see the country of origin on each product.
Country of origin: Madagascar
Each bottle is glass with a plastic cap ( Polypropylene #5 which can be recycled) and paper label. Cardboard box.
How To Use
Enjoy your oil in a diffuser, as a room spray, in a hot bath and as a massage oil. Do not use more than 5-10 drops of essential oil for every 20ml of carrier oil, alcohol or water.
Eugenia caryophyllata bud oil
Glass bottle, paper label, plastic cap, cardboard packaging box