Not only are eco, reusable safety razors zero waste, eco-friendly, vegan and better for the environment but they provide a much closer shave, eliminate pain and irritation, reduce ingrown hairs, and are better for your skin. That said, for those that have never used a reusable safety razor, they can be a little daunting. But believe us when we say, once you get the hang of it, you will never look back.
Adding the blade to the reusable safety razor
- Hold the handle of the reusable safety razor in your hand and unscrew the bottom with your other hand.
- The top of the reusable safety razor will then open like the wings of a butterfly and you will see a bar down the centre.
- Remove the reusable safety razor blade from the paper packaging, holding it by the short sides.
- Put the blade in the top of the reusable safety razor, making sure the bar lines up with the opening in the centre of the blade.
- Twist the bottom of the reusable safety razor closed, making sure it is tight to stop the blade from coming loose when you shave.
Shaving with a reusable safety razor
- Lather up the area of skin you wish to shave using your organic shaving cream or vegan shaving soap and a vegan shaving brush.
- Place the reusable safety razor at a 30-35 degree angle- this is the optimum angle to ensure you get all of the hairs, but don’t end up cutting yourself
- Shave in short strokes using little pressure, instead relying on the weight of the reusable safety razor to provide the right amount of pressure to get a good shave.
- Once you have finished shaving, take the reusable safety razor apart before rising it thoroughly and then drying it with a towel. It is important to remove all moisture from the reusable safety razor and the reusable safety razor blade, but be mindful not to cut yourself!
- Rinse the vegan shaving soap/natural shaving cream residue from your face and add a natural moisturiser if desired.
- If travelling with your reusable safety razor, be sure to keep it wrapped up so that there is no risk of it injuring you, anyone else, or causing any damage to the things you pack it amongst.
See, that wasn’t so hard was it? Zero waste shaving with a eco, vegan, reusable safety razor is easy and if you can help our planet by being more eco-friendly at the same time its a win, win!