How to meditate in the bath using aromatherapy, eco-friendly, organic, vegan and natural bath products
A guide to bathtub meditation you can do in 15 minutes whilst using eco friendly, vegan, organic, aromatherapy vegan bath bombs
In the UK, as much as 74% of the adult population have felt stressed in the last 12 months and many of us admit struggling finding time to relax and unwind. But did you know that you can now wash, and clear your mind of the stresses of daily life at the same time? Say hello to bathtub meditation, a new way of getting calmer and cleaner.
Meditation is a powerful tool for distressing and can help develop resilience to stress as well as a more constant feeling of Zen. If you are interested in meditation but struggle to find the time to do it regularly, one great way to do it is every time you get in the tub.
Bath meditation combines standard meditation with the well known benefits of laying back and relaxing in the tub. Soothing tired muscles, providing calm, and allowing a feeling of escape from anything that might be stressing you, it really is the perfect place to meditate. Bath meditation with the help of our natural bath bombs that are made with organic, vegan, cruelty free ingredients are the perfect combination. So how do you do it?
- Block off at least 20 minute where you won’t be interrupted and yes, that means putting your phone on silent as well. Remember, setting these personal boundaries and making the effort to block off this time, will be well worth the effort.
- Run yourself a nice warm bath and use a natural bath product that contains natural, organic essential oils. Not only are these good for your skin but the aromatherapy properties will aid you in your meditation and relaxation journey. Rose, chamomile, lavender, patchouli, and bergamot are all great for relaxation and clearing your mind. If you are opting for eco friendly, plastic-free products such as a natural bath bomb, just drop it into the warm water and watch the natural bath bomb fizz and bubble, releasing its delicious scent as the steam rises from the bathtub.
- Get in, lie back and relax. Allow your breathing to become deeper and slower and let your stomach rise and fall with each breath.
- As your breathing settles into a steady rhythm, focus on the sensations of the bath- warmness, the feeling of the water on your skin, the pressure of the tub on your back and shoulders, steam on your face, and the smell of the natural essential oils. Don’t let your mind wander and spend some time focussing on these feelings and being aware.
- Each time your focus changes and you find yourself thinking about something else, gently bring your mind back to the present. Continue this for several minutes, or as long as you want, noting that you begin to feel more and more relaxed.
- When you have come to the end of your session, get out of the bath, dry yourself on, and move slowly but surely back into reality!