Not sure how to use concealer? Our guide will help you!
If you aren’t sure how to use concealer, our handy guide will show you the steps you need to take to get it absolutely perfect.
New to concealer? Not sure how to go about applying it? Foundation is great for evening out your skin tone but sometimes it is not enough. A good quality, natural concealer will get help you hide dark spots, pimples and uneven patches- this is how to use them!
- First and foremost you need to create a base for your concealer and that means cleansing, exfoliating and moisturising. You should opt for a natural cleanser such as the Peace With The Wild Organic Cleansing Makeup Melt, ensuring you remove any dirt, grime, or particles of dead skin. Then buff your skin with an exfoliator like this clay-infused beauty from Soap Daze. Once those steps are complete, you should finish off with a light moisturiser and a primer, to create the perfect canvas.
- There is some debate over whether you should apply foundation before concealer, or concealer before foundation. If you are a foundation first person, then stay here, if not, skip onto number 3. You then need to apply your foundation, being sure to blend it carefully around the jaw and hairline- you can use a brush, a sponge, or your fingers to do this.
- If you are using a stick foundation, take off the lid and gently dab it on the areas you want to conceal. You should also put it under your eyes, around your nose, and along the line of your jaw. Then, using a brush or your fingers, blend it in gently.
- If you prefer to put your concealer on first, now you can gently apply your foundation over the top off the concealer.
- Finish off with a dust of finishing powder to set the look.
- Add blusher and highlighter as required.
- All done and you are good to go!