For first time users, it can be a bit hard to know what to do when confronted with solid, natural shampoo bars and natural conditioner bars. But trust us, once you get the hang of it, you won’t look back! Here is a step by step guide to eliminating plastic, being natural, vegan, chemical free, palm oil free, zero waste, eco-friendly and using solid, natural shampoo bars and natural conditioner bars on your hair instead!
- Get in the shower, make sure the water is warm and thoroughly soak your hair. When using solid, natural haircare products like eco, vegan, cruelty free, natural shampoo bars and natural conditioner bars, remember the wetter the better!
- Next you can apply the natural shampoo bar. Hold the vegan, natural shampoo bar in your hand and apply it directly to the hair and head, starting at the scalp. Move the natural shampoo bar in circular motions throughout the lengths of the hair and to create a slight lather.
- Place the vegan, natural shampoo bar on an eco soap dish that allows drainage and massage your hair using your fingers, gradually working the natural shampoo through the roots right to the tips.
- Once you have distributed the eco, natural shampoo bar lather throughout the whole of the hair and scalp, you can rinse the hair, ensuring you remove all traces of the natural shampoo bar lather.
- Now it is time to apply the zero waste, natural conditioner bar!
- Hold the eco-friendly, natural conditioner bar in your hand and run it along the length of your hair starting from your forehead, ending at the nape of your neck. If your hair is longer than average, lift it off your neck and work the natural conditioner bar in circular motions at the back of your head.
- Massage the hair from root to tip, ensuring that the all of the natural conditioner bar lather and suds are distributed thoroughly throughout.
- Leave the natural conditioner bar lather on the hair for around 2-3 minutes for maximum effectiveness.
- Rinse out, ensuring to remove all of the natural conditioner bar product from the hair. If however, you have particularly coarse or dry hair, you can leave some of the natural conditioner behind to have a leave-in conditioner effect.
- After you have finished showering, very gently use a cotton towel to remove excess moisture from the hair.
- Once you have removed most of the liquid, use an eco-friendly brush or comb to very gently tease out the tangles, being careful not to be too rough.
- If you hair still feels tangly, you can use a bit of the natural conditioner bar on your hands and run it through the ends to ease brushing.
That’s it! Your easy step by step guide to washing and conditioning your hair the natural, plastic free, zero waste, eco way with a vegan, natural shampoo bar and natural conditioner bar.