Includes 6 x 4g glitters
This uber chunky glitter set is from Eco Glitter Fun's sparkle range meaning there is minimal plastic used in the glitter.
Get creative with this eco glitter at parties, festivals or even to add some sparkle to your everyday makeup.
These are perfect for those seeking a more eco-friendly alternative to 100% plastic glitter.
How is Eco Glitter fun glitter made?
‘Eco Glitter Fun is produced by Bioglitter®. At the moment the range we stock is Bioglitter® Sparkle. This is cosmetic grade biodegradable glitter. Bioglitter® replaces the core polyester film used in traditional glitter with a unique and special form of cellulose from hardwoods, primarily eucalyptus sourced from responsibly managed and certified plantations operating to PEFC™ www.pefc.org standards.
Some but not all Bioglitter® products contain aluminium. It is used in an extremely thin coating to give glitter its shine. The aluminium in Bioglitter® represents less than 0.1% by weight and is neither toxic nor ecotoxic.
Biodegradability standards typically call for at least 90% of material to biodegrade within the testing period.
It is 92% plastic free and is proven to degrade in natural environments. The remaining 8% is contained within coatings, which the manufacturer is working to replace with a new plastic free coating technology, this is called Bioglitter® Pure.
Bioglitter® Pure will soon be available, it will be a small range of glitters and will no longer be vegan.
You can learn more about Bioglitter® here.
All of Eco Glitter Fun glitters come in glass bottles with metal lids.
The Aloe Vera gel is in a metal tin.
Not only is the glitter certified biodegradable but the packaging is Eco-friendly too.
The glass bottle with the metal lid and metal tin can be recycled, however these are adorable to reuse. You can use them for plastic free gifts or use them to store dried herbs and seeds in. These are also ideal for transferring other cosmetics or liquid for travel size.
How To Use
It is safe for children however we do not recommend using the glitter on 3 year olds or under as they have a habit of rubbing their faces.
We recommend that you use organic aloe vera gel to apply biodegradable glitter to your face or body, it’s gentle on the skin, non toxic and natural.
You can premix the glitter with the aloe vera and just paint it onto your face, hair and body. You can also put the aloe vera gel on the skin first and then brush on the biodegradable glitter.
Applying To Beard:
We suggest using almond oil or coconut oil to apply the eco-friendly glitter.
- Pour the eco glitter into a bowl
- Wrap a towel around the shoulders
- Rub the almond oil throughout the beard
- Hold the bowl with the eco glitter in, up to the face
- Apply the glitter to the beard using a brush (supplied in our sets) Allowing any spillage to go back into the bowl!
- Repeat until you get the desired coverage
How To Remove:
The best way is to wash the eco glitter off with a mild soap and water.
We don’t recommend using wet wipes as they tend to just rub it round the face and irritate the skin.
Body & Hair (Including Beards):
Easy to wash off using your normal shampoo and body wash. Be warned, you may still be finding biodegradable glitter in your house a few days after, but that is the nature of glitter after all.
Eco Glitter Fun biodegradable glitter is made from a certified compostable film. Meaning it has passed the official requirements for compostability, adhering to European (EN13432) and American (ASTM D6400) standards.
It’s non toxic, free of heavy metals and approved for cosmetic use. The film is sustainably sourced, there are no genetically modified materials or materials obtained from genetically modified organisms.
Some colours contain a maximum of 0.1% of Aluminium.
The speed of degradation is determined by the which size it is and what condition it finds itself in. It occurs over a period of several months.
This glitter won’t biodegrade in the bottle it will only break down when in contact with soil, compost or waste water/ocean environment environment where micro-organisms are present. Over time the glitter will be metabolized by micro-organisms into carbon dioxide, water and biomass.
Biodegradable eco-friendly glitter is not suitable for consumption by humans or animals.
Eco Glitter Fun eco glitter contains lower levels of heavy metals than plastic glitter and no detectable Antimony.
It’s 30-40% softer than plastic glitter.